3-day (26 hour) course that provides detailed information and promotes discussion on a wide variety of Aviation, Space and Defense (ASD) topics as defined by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). Participative workshops and situations for review and discussion are used to develop an understanding of the material and requirements. The course concludes with a one-hour examination on the last day.
Course topics and requirements are industry criteria and are independent of the revision of the standard. To assist with understanding instructors will reference the requirements of AS9100D as applicable to the industry criteria.
- To aid in understanding and gain maximum benefit an attendee should already be familiar with the AS9100 Rev D standard.
Who Should Attend?
This course provides a portion of the training required by AS9104/3 for Aerospace Experienced Auditor (AEA) authentication for auditors that one of the following is applicable:
- Do not have 4 years in the last 10 years aerospace work experience.
- Do have 2 years in the last 15 years aerospace work experience.
- Provide detailed information to those who are seeking insights into activities within the Aerospace Industry.
- Understand the processes that support a management system that has been designed to meet AS9100:2016.
The course also will help:
- Anyone leading their AS9100 certification or conformity efforts in their company
- Anyone who wants detailed information and a stronger background in aerospace activities
Key Course Topics
Meets all requirements of AS9104-3 Appendix A.3 9100 AEROSPACE INDUSTRY SPECIFIC COURSE, including:
- Explain the aerospace industry quality perspective
- Describe CAA roles, responsibilities and regulations, including how to obtain additional information
- Describe the principles of military aerospace requirements and regulations, including how to obtain additional information
- Describe in overview government space organization roles, responsibilities and regulations, including how to obtain additional information
- Describe in overview airworthiness and aviation safety requirements, including how to obtain additional information
- Describe the design, development, verification and validation processes specific to the aerospace industry
- Describe the control of production and service provision
- Explain the process of first article inspection (AS9102)
- Describe aerospace material traceability requirements
- Describe aerospace material/parts status accountability systems
- Identify aerospace subcontractor approval and control requirements
- Explain variation management of key characteristics (AS9103)
- Describe flow down of quality requirements
- Explain FOD prevention program requirements
- Describe use of customer supplied products
- Explain calibration controls and positive recall system
- Describe acceptance authority media (i.e. use of stamps, stamp control, electronic sign off)
- Identify special processes
- Identify nonconforming material, system requirements and operation
- Explain sampling inspection requirements and limitations
- Identify configuration management/requirements control
- Describe tool control
- Describe the product qualification process
- Describe/explain source approval process